First Friday Picture Show: Drawing Fantastic by Jedi Wright

Gauche (2000) by Jedi Wright
Jedi Wright returns with a set of drawings for our October 2012 Picture Show. Jedi is an Internet entrepreneur, Information Architect and a student at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, where he is studying Interaction Design. He has been working professionally in the information technology, multimedia, event production, and environmental fields since 1993. He currently resides in Los Angeles, CA where he works as an information architect and interaction designer at Disney, and is fully immersed in the Information Architecture (IA), User Interface (U/I), User Experience (U/X) disciplines and how they intersect with social values and sustainable practices. In his spare time, he is very actively involved with raising his son. Visit jediwright.com to learn more.

Old Man Winter (1999) by Jedi Wright
A note about the show from Jedi: 
For this month's picture show, I opted for an eclectic mix of my artworks produced between the ages of 6 and roughly 26. As I am now a student at Art Center, I felt inspired to return to my creative roots with this collection, which I felt was an interesting look at my progression of skill and style over those years. Note that very little visual art (work) was done after about 2001-2, as I had made a pretty large shift from analog to digital creative processes at that point. Now that I'm back in school, I am picking a lot back up within the analog realm, particularly drawing. I hope to return next year for another show with an even greater leap forward in (drawing) skills!


As usual, view this show in full screen mode for optimal enjoyment....
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:20 AM

    Cool drawings. It's neat to see the progression over time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James B10:08 AM

    There are some really interesting pics in this show, and I agree, it's a unique chance to see a progression in someone's art. Excellent show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:14 PM

    The old man winter piece is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Having trouble leaving a comment? Some browsers require acceptance of 3rd party cookies. If you leave an anonymous comment, it may need to be approved.