Are you Maladjusted?


by douglas reeser on 5.16.11 
"There are certain things in our nation and in the world which I am proud to be maladjusted and which I hope all men of good-will will be maladjusted until the good societies realize. I say very honestly that I never intend to become adjusted to segregation and discrimination. I never intend to become adjusted to religious bigotry. I never intend to adjust myself to economic conditions that will take necessities from the many to give luxuries to the few. I never intend to adjust myself to the madness of militarism, to self-defeating effects of physical violence."

A snippet of a speech given by Dr Martin Luther King at Western Michigan University on Dec 18th, 1963.


Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. unfortunately, more often than not, we're all a bit maladjusted...some just more than others...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:42 PM

    Great snippet from a great speech. It's unfortunate that more people are not maladjusted. And equally unfortunate is that we can't align our maladjustments to be equally adjusted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:37 PM

    These words aren't thought about enough. And that is why I am sickened.

    ReplyDelete

Having trouble leaving a comment? Some browsers require acceptance of 3rd party cookies. If you leave an anonymous comment, it may need to be approved.